A Parish Council meeting was held in Cauldon Lowe Village Hall on Tuesday, 7th. March 2017.
Present were Cllr. Cooper (Chairman) Cllrs. Allerton, Bendall, Brindley, Dale, Lees, Withington-Hyde, SCC Cllr. Worthington (Local Member), SMDC Ward Cllrs. Fallows and Lucas.
17.22 PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
17.23 DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Cllr. Cooper declared a pecuniary interest in any matters under “Burial” concerning a proposed archway at Cotton Cemetery..
17.24 MINUTES OF LAST MEETING (Resolved)
Meeting held on 7th. February, 2017. These were approved and signed by the Chairman as a true and correct record following clarification of minute 17.23.A, during which Cllr. Lees (Vice Chairman) assumed the Chair whilst Cllr. Cooper (who had declared an interest) provided an explanation of a misunderstanding prior to retiring from the meeting during discussion.
Cllr. Cooper had clarified that the drawing and preparation of the plans for a proposed archway at Cotton Cemetery would cost £400.00 whilst the application to SMDC would cost £86.00.
Cllr. Withington-Hyde had kindly donated £200.00 towards the cost of the preparation of the plans.
It was therefore resolved that the sum of £200.00 would be owed for the preparation of the plans (total cost £400.00).
Cllr. Cooper was then re admitted to the meeting and resumed the Chair.
17.25 MATTERS ARISING FROM MINUTES
- Dropped Kerb at Moorfields Close (17.19.A) This is to be a single dropped kerb shared between two properties. Cty. Cllr. Worthington stated that work would go ahead. Proposed Cllr. Allerton seconded Cllr. Dale that contractor Mr. Mawby be authorized to undertake work. Bill to be paid initially by Council then 50% to be reclaimed from Cllr. Worthington’s community fund. Carried.
- Transparency Fund: Cllr. Allerton had instructed webmaster to install Microsoft Office including email and browsers with one year subscription to McAfee Antivirus protection.
- Defibrillator (17.19.C) – Training meting to be arranged by Cllr. Allerton.
- Dog Faeces (17.21) – Suitable deterrent notices erected around Cauldon Lowe.
17.26 LENGTHSMAN SCHEME
Position advertised on Council website to include maintenance of Cemetery, Recreation Ground and Verges as appropriate.
Tenders to be drawn together by Chairman after approaching suitable contractors..
17.27 PLANNING MATTERS
Other Planning Matters
- Weekly lists – circulated to Cllrs.
17.28 RECREATION MATTERS
Maintenance – to be dealt with by Chairman as per minute 17.26 above..
17.29 BURIAL MATTERS
- Proposed archway entrance to Cemetery (Cllr. Cooper declared a pecuniary interest and took no part in discussion or resolution). Plans available – payment of further £200.00 to Mr. I.J. Cooper to be made (see min. 17.24 above). Cllr. Withington-Hyde had generously met £200.00 of cost. Application to be submitted to SMDC.
- Maintenance – to be dealt with by Chairman as per minute 17.26 above..
17.30 HIGHWAYS MATTERS
Issues reported through SCC Cllr. Worthington, SCC Cllr. Deaville, Mr. Webb, Mr Greatbatch and Mr. Steele Clerk had notified the above personnel of the following issues.
Anticipated NHT and other Projects:
- Various potholes/ blocked gully on westbound A52 (Weekly updates now available from SCC). Flooding in Shaw Walls Lane – remedial work now complete.. Gully on A52 near to telephone box / old Post Office to be reported. This had been subject of complaint as silt had built up around gully. Worthington to take matter up but SMDC and Aggregate Industries UK also to be notified. Cllr. Fallows to investigate mud on Main Road.
- Damaged Cotton sign on Cotton Lane. On going.
- Overhanging saplings on A52 near junction with Cotton Lane). Included in report. “In hand”.
- Blocked ditch to Cabbage Hall. Included in report.
- Noted that verges on A 52 are still considerably overgrown.
- Road sign near Star PH not replaced unlike others which have been replaced following recent work. Reported to Mr. Steele..
- Withington-Hyde considered that recent works in vicinity of Star Inn are inadequate as water continues to run past Star Crossroads. SCC Cllr. Worthington to take this matter up. Had passed report on to SCC drainage personnel.
- Cotton Lane still requires sweeping.
- Potholes repaired at Hoftens Cross (Moorfields & Westfields).
17.31 LIGHTING MATTERS
Malfunctioning lamp near duckpond at Main Road now repaired..
17.32 REPORTS OF REPRESENTATIVES
Cllr. Allerton reported on meeting at Lafarge, who it was stated had spent £2,000,000 `on cleaning equipment. Emissions reduced.
Lafarge are to celebrate 60 years of operations later during 2017.
Alleged that blasting operations at Aggregate Industries are causing structural damage at Rue Hill.
- SCC weekly pothole updates.
- SMDC Weekly Planning Lists.
- SPCA Weekly Newsletters.
- Community Council / DEFRA Rural Survey – to be completed and submitted by Clerk.
- SMDC – Notification of various meetings.
- Clerks & Councils Direct – March 2017.
- SMPA – Notice of meeting 09.03.2017 (copies also sent to representatives)..
17.34 ACCOUNTS FOR PAYMENT
- J.W. Wood, Clerk
Salary (2 months) £200.00
Expenses (2 months) £60.00 £260.00
B .A. Smith Webmaster – Antivirus & Microsoft Office £106.99
- E. Allerton (via PC World) Microsoft Office Disc £104.99
- SMDC Planning – application for cemetery archway £86.00
17.35 MATTERS OF AN URGENT NATURE
Meeting rose at 9.06 p.m.
Date of next meeting Tuesday 4th. April 2017, following the Annual Parish Assembly, which commences at 7.15 p.m. Cauldon Lowe Village Hall.