A Parish Council meeting was held in Cauldon Lowe Village Hall on Tuesday, 4th. April 2017.
Present were Cllr. Cooper (Chairman) Cllrs. Allerton, Bendall, Brindley, Dale, Lees, Withington-Hyde, SCC Cllr. Worthington (Local Member), SMDC Ward Cllrs. Fallows and Lucas.
17.36 PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
17.37 DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Cllr. Cooper declared a pecuniary interest in any matters under “Burial” concerning a proposed archway at Cotton Cemetery..
17.38 MINUTES OF LAST MEETING (Resolved)
Meeting held on 7th. March, 2017. These were approved and signed by the Chairman as a true and correct record.
17.39 MATTERS ARISING FROM MINUTES
- Dropped Kerb at Moorfields Close (17.25.A) Complete.
- Transparency Fund: Webmaster had offered to install a Facebook account for Council, who declined this offer.
- Defibrillator (17.19.C) – Training meting to be arranged by Cllr. Allerton.
17.40 LENGTHSMAN SCHEME
Position advertised on Council website to include maintenance of Cemetery, Recreation Ground and Verges as appropriate.
Tenders drawn together by Chairman who had approached suitable contractors.
To be determined by 10.04.2017.
17.41 PLANNING MATTERS
SMD/2017/0213 – Single storey side and rear extensions, new pitched roof to porch / utility – Sunnyview Farm, Ellastone Road. No objection raised.
Other Planning Matters
- Weekly lists – circulated to Cllrs.
- Application for cemetery archway had been submitted. Planning Officer presently on holiday.
17.42 RECREATION MATTERS
Maintenance – Contractor to be appointed by Chairman as per minute 17.40 above.
17.43 BURIAL MATTERS
- Proposed archway entrance to Cemetery (Cllr. Cooper declared a pecuniary interest and took no part in discussion or resolution). Plans submitted, validation awaited.
- Letter received from Parishioner Miss J. Cooper stating that disabled access should possibly take priority over proposed archway. Council had drawings for such access and would consider matter.
- Maintenance – to be dealt with by Chairman as per minute 17.40 above..
17.44 HIGHWAYS MATTERS
Issues reported through SCC Cllr. Worthington, SCC Cllr. Deaville, Mr. Webb, Mr Greatbatch and Mr. Steele and SCC Website. Clerk had notified the appropriate personnel of the following issues.
Anticipated NHT and other Projects:
- Various potholes/ blocked gully on westbound A52. Reported. (Weekly updates now available from SCC).
- Bendall mentioned poor road surface on Ellastone Road near junction with A 52. To be reported.
- Silt from quarries on roads. Reported that this is not caused by Tarmac transport..Responsibility allegedly lies with Aggregate Industries. Reported that photographs have been taken by parishioner. Amey representative and quarry Liaison Officer to meet on site.
- Damaged Cotton sign on Cotton Lane. On going.
- Overhanging saplings on A52 near junction with Cotton Lane). Included in report. “In hand”.
- Blocked ditch to Cabbage Hall. Included in report.
- Road sign near Star PH not replaced, unlike others which have been replaced following recent work. Reported to Mr. Steele..
- Water running past Star Inn. In hands of SCC drainage personnel via SCC Worthington.
- Cotton Lane still requires sweeping Cllr. Forrester, SMDC, to be notified..
17.45 LIGHTING MATTERS
Problems reported regarding alignment of car park light at The Cross Inn. Chairman to speak with Publican.
17.46 REPORTS OF REPRESENTATIVES
Cllr. Dale reported on SPPA meeting 09.03.2017. Following items were discussed:
- Proposed Local Plan update.
- New interactive SMDC planning portal..
- Effective responses to planning applications.
- 2018 End of WW1 Centenary celebratory beacons.
- Website update.
- School transport.
- SCC weekly pothole updates.
- SMDC Weekly Planning Lists.
- SPCA Weekly Newsletters.
- SMDC – Notification of various meetings.
- Parishioner Miss Cooper re: disabled access to cemetery.
17.48 ACCOUNTS FOR PAYMENT
HMRC, PAYE Clerk £75.00
B .SPCA Subs £109.00
Mawby, Dropped kerb at Moorfields Close £960.00
Community Council of Staffs, Subs £25.00
Cheadle & Tean Times, Annual Ass notice 20
Ivan J. Cooper, Cemetery Archway plans £200.00
17.49 MATTERS OF AN URGENT NATURE
Meeting rose at 9.00 p.m.
Date of next meeting Tuesday 3rd. May 2017, AGM, 7.30 p.m. Cauldon Lowe Village Hall.