COTTON PARISH COUNCIL 330
A Parish Council meeting was held in Cauldon Lowe Village Hall on Tuesday, 6th. September 2016.
Present were Cllr. Cooper (Chairman) Cllrs. Allerton, Bendall, Dale, Lees, Withington-Hyde,, SMDC Ward Cllr. Lucas and two members of the public (residents of Moorfields Close)..
Apologies: Cllr. Brindley, SCC Cllr. Worthington (Local Member), SMDC Ward Cllr. Fallows.
16.120 PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
- Dropped kerb at Moorfields Close (ref: 16.106.A). No response received from Yours Housing regarding permission. Contractor awaiting instruction.
Some confusion arose as to whether the dropped kerbs were for car access to both properties, or for wheelchair access. Meeting of management arranged to arrive at decision.
Cllr. Withington-Hyde was content with dropped kerb for pedestrian / wheelchair access but was unhappy with vehicle access.
(Action): Chairman to contact Yours Housing in an attempt to expedite matters.
16.121 DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Cllr. Cooper declared an interest in any matters concerning P.H. Wintertons.
16.122 MINUTES OF LAST MEETING (Resolved)
Meeting held on 2nd. August, 2016. These were approved and signed by the Chairman as a true and correct record. Cllr. Allerton commented on excellence of format of minutes as provided by Chairman.
16.123 MATTERS ARISING FROM MINUTES
- Defibrillator – (Min. 16.109.A) – Chairman informed meeting that necessary authority for installation had been provided by Punch Taverns and matters are to be finailised such that installation will be completed prior to end of October 2016.
(Action): Chair / Cllr. Allerton to confirm that First Responders / West Midlands Ambulance Service approve of planned installation
Lafarge to pay the cost of installation.
Noted that there had been a recent incident in parish when a defibrillator would have been invaluable.
B Transparency Fund Cllr. Dale commented that computer / scanner should be purchased as Fund providers will request breakdown of Council’s expenditure in this regard.
(Action): Advice to be sought from Webmaster Mr. Smith.
16.124 LENGTHSMAN SCHEME
Letters received from residents L. Buckley / M & K Brindley / T. Wain & R. Littleford complimenting and expressing great satisfaction with work of Lengthsman around parish.
Mowing of verges: some confusion arose as to whether these should continue to be mown now that BKV judging had taken place. General feeling was that original contract
COTTON PARISH COUNCIL 331
should not be breached by Council and such strimming sould continue until end of season.
Decision to be taken at October sitting as to number of cuts still required (i.e. is a cut required in October ?).
Cllr. Bendall reported that Community Group happy with work which hopefully will continue.
(Action): Cllr. Allerton to meet Lengthsman at Star Crossroads to discuss strimming around bus shelter.
16.125 PLANNING MATTERS
- SMD/2016/0407 – Proposed single storey side extension and re-roofing of flat roof outhouse – Sunny View Farm, Ellastone Road, Winkhill. No objection raised.
- SMD/2016/0408 – Retrospective planning permission for the reinstatement of fire damaged building, retention of a dust extraction unit and canopy extension and proposed covered storage area – Moorside Works, Ellastone Road, Cauldon Lowe. Cooper declared an interest and took no part in discussion or resolution. No objection raised although Council recommends provision on site of a permanent mobile water reservoir which couples to appliances.
- SMD/2016/0437 – Variation of condition 2 (approved plans) attached to planning permission SMD/2015/0039 – The School Governors of The Faber RC Primary School, , Cotton Lane, Cotton (in Oakamoor Parish). No objection raised.
Other Planning Matters
- Weekly lists – circulated to Cllrs. with email facilities.
16.126 RECREATION MATTERS
- Additional play bark – work complete.
- Maintenance – highly satisfactory under new contractor.
- Weed killing (non toxic) around play bark
(Action) Chairman to obtain price and notify Councillors, who would respond accordingly.
16.127 BURIAL MATTERS
- Maintenance – H & H Garden Services had taken over contract. Highly satisfactory.
- Double sided sign opposite cemetery – Mrs. Nutter SCC had responded – response passed on to Councillors.
- Damaged steps – work undertaken as required.
- Proposed entrance sign / arch to be discussed at a future meeting.
16.128 HIGHWAYS MATTERS
Issues reported through SCC Cllr. Worthington, SCC Cllr. Deaville, Mr Greatbatch and Mr. Steele Clerk had notified the above personnel of the following issues.
(Action): Cllr. Allerton to hold site meeting with Mr. M. Webb, SCC, to duscuss
COTTON PARISH COUNCIL 332
main highways issues, which include:
Anticipated NHT Projects:
- Various potholes.
- Bollards at Rue Hill / directional chevron signs at Windy Arbour crossrods (junction of A 52 with Ellastone Road).
- Damaged Cotton sign on Cotton Lane.
- Gulleys blocked above Cotton crossroads. “In hand”.
- Overhanging saplings on A52 near junction with Cotton Lane). Included in report. “In hand”.
- Blocked ditch to Cabbage Hall. Included in report.
- Problems at Star Crossoads with regularly damaged services box (BT Openreach) Reported as repaired.
- Discoloured sign reported at Cotton Crossroads.
- Overhanging trees at Three Lows crossroads. On going.
- SCC – School Bus Service – Response received (following prompting by Karen Bradley MP) from J. Henderson, CCEO, SCC, stating that situation would be reviewed.
- Reported that wire fences adjacent to Cotton College are falling into carriageway. Also rubble appears to be brought onto site. (Action): Matters to be reported to SCC / SMDC Enforcement as appropriate.
- Noted that breasting wall has fallen down in Cotton Lane opposite Garston Farm. Reported to SCC.
16.129 LIGHTING MATTERS
No issues reported.
16.130 REPORTS OF REPRESENTATIVES
No meetings of outside agencies had taken place since last meeting of Council.
- SMDC – Weekly lists and other routine items.
B SMDC – routine correspondence.
- CEO, SCC re: School Bus Service (Via MP).
- Buckley, Brindley, Wain and Littleford – letters complimenting Lengthsman for his work.
16.132 ACCOUNTS FOR PAYMENT
- Mr. Jamie Hill
Cemetery maintenance £260.00
Cemetery steps £270.00
Recreation mowing £40.00
Lengthsman labour £260.00 £830.00
- J.W. Wood, Clerk Salary £200.00
Expenses £80.00 £280.00
Annual Return and Governance Statement had been returned as satisfactory from External Auditors.
16.133 MATTERS OF AN URGENT NATURE
COTTON PARISH COUNCIL 333
Cllr. Dale enquired whether November Remembrance Service will held at Cauldon Lowe War Memorial. Arrangements to be put in place.
Meeting rose at 9.20 p.m.
Date of next meeting Tuesday 4th. October 2016, 7.30 p.m.Cauldon Lowe Village Hall.