COTTON PARISH COUNCIL 334
A Parish Council meeting was held in Cauldon Lowe Village Hall on Tuesday, 4th. October 2016.
Present were Cllr. Cooper (Chairman) Cllrs. Allerton, Dale, Lees, Withington-Hyde,, SMDC Ward Cllrs. Fallows and Lucas and one member of the public (Mr. Moore of P.H. Wintertons).
Apologies: Cllrs. Bendall and Brindley, SCC Cllr. Worthington (Local Member).
16.134 PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
- Dropped kerb at Moorfields Close (ref: 16.120.A). No response received from Yours Housing regarding permission. Contractor awaiting go ahead as soon as any conditions are known. Lees questioned where vehicles will then park as no hard standing is available..
(Action): Chairman to contact Yours Housing in a further attempt to expedite matters.
16.135 DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Cllr. Cooper declared an interest in any matters concerning P.H. Wintertons (as did SMDC Ward Cllr. Fallows).
16.136 MINUTES OF LAST MEETING (Resolved)
Meeting held on 6th. September, 2016. These were approved and signed by the Chairman as a true and correct record.
16.137 MATTERS ARISING FROM MINUTES
- Defibrillator – (Min. 16.123.A) – Model chosen and invoice to be paid.
Cllr. Dale expressed sadness and disappointment that certain multinational companies in area are unwilling to make a contribution.
Aggregate Industries offered creation of hard standing (paving) around device.
Action: Cllrs. Allerton and Dale to meet with representative of Aggregate Industries on site.
Lafarge to pay the cost of installation.
Proposed Cllr. Dale seconded Cllr. Withington-Hyde that Grand Opening of defibrillator should if possible co-incide with launch of website. Carried.
Public to be offered training in use of defibrillator.
B Transparency Fund: Present inadequacies noted (website cannot be accessed via “Cotton Parish Council”).
Action: Webmaster to be contacted when purchase time is imminent.
16.138 LENGTHSMAN SCHEME
Proposed Cllr. Dale seconded Cllr. Withington Hyde that one further cemetery cut is desirable. Carried.
16.139 PLANNING MATTERS
COTTON PARISH COUNCIL 335
Other Planning Matters
- Weekly lists – circulated to Cllrs. with email facilities.
- SMD/2016/0408 – (P.H. Winterton) Letter received from Mr. Elliott regarding excess noise. Received and noted. Moore stated position in representation of Wintertons.
- Allerton had made tentative arrangement with Mr. Evans of Aggregate Industries for Councillors as available to undertake tour of quarry.
Action: Clerk to confirm this with Mr. Evans.
Dust – Aggregate Industries to purchase suitable wheelwash and implement scheme for elimination of dust.
16.140 RECREATION MATTERS
- Cllr Allerton reported that disabled adults had been using slide.
- Resolved not to use weed killer (non toxic) around play bark
16.141 BURIAL MATTERS
- Maintenance – Since H & H Garden Services had taken over contract maintenance remained highly satisfactory.
- Double sided sign opposite cemetery – in view of response from Mrs. Nutter, SCC, Council considered that this is not now necessary, especially in view of 16.141.C below.
- Proposed entrance sign / arch to be discussed at a future meeting.
16.142 HIGHWAYS MATTERS
Issues reported through SCC Cllr. Worthington, SCC Cllr. Deaville, Mr. Webb, Mr Greatbatch and Mr. Steele Clerk had notified the above personnel of the following issues.
Cllr. Allerton held site meeting with Mr. M. Webb, SCC, to discuss
main highways issues, which included:
Anticipated NHT and other Projects:
- Various potholes (Weekly update now available from SCC)..
- Drains at Cotton Crossroads.
- Algae discoluring signage at Cotton Crossroads.
- Damaged Cotton sign on Cotton Lane.
- Overhanging saplings on A52 near junction with Cotton Lane). Included in report. “In hand”. Bend signs at this location.
- Blocked ditch to Cabbage Hall. Included in report.
- Overhanging trees at Three Lows crossroads. Reported that landowner’s house has now been sold.
- SCC – School Bus Services.
- Road sweeping is now twelve months behind schedule.
- Noted that verges on A 52 are considerably overgrown.
16.143 LIGHTING MATTERS
No issues reported.
16.144 REPORTS OF REPRESENTATIVES
No meetings of outside agencies had taken place since last meeting of Council.
COTTON PARISH COUNCIL 336
- SMDC – Weekly lists and other routine items.
B SMDC – routine correspondence.
- Letter requesting financial assistance from DMH. Proposed Cllr. Allerton seconded Cllr.Lees that Council donated the sum of £50.00 Carried.
16.146 ACCOUNTS FOR PAYMENT
- Mr. Jamie Hill
Cemetery maintenance £170.00
Recreation mowing £150.00 £320.00
- J.W. Wood, Clerk
C.HMRC PAYE Clerk £75.00
D.Turtle Engineering – Defibrillator £1650.00
E.DMH Donation £50.00
16.147 MATTERS OF AN URGENT NATURE
November Remembrance Service to be held at Cauldon Lowe War Memorial, 13.11.16, 10.50 a.m. Temporary closure of Main Road desirable.
Action: Cllr. Dale to make necessary arrangements.
Meeting rose at 9.00 p.m.
Date of next meeting Tuesday 1st. November 2016, 7.30 p.m.Cauldon Lowe Village Hall.