COTTON PARISH COUNCIL
A Parish Council meeting was held in Cauldon Lowe Village Hall on Tuesday, 6th. December 2016.
Present were Cllr. Cooper (Chairman) Cllrs. Allerton, Bendall, Dale, Withington-Hyde, SCC Cllr. Worthington (Local Member), SMDC Ward Cllr. Lucas. Two members of the public.
Apologies: Cllrs. Brindley and Lees, SMDC Ward Cllr. Fallows.
16.162 PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
Members of the public Mr. & Mrs. Elliott of Cotton Bank Farm, Oakamoor, spoke of continuing problems associated with planning application no. SMD/2016/0408 (P.H. Wintertons). Cllr. Cooper declared a prejudicial interest and took no part in resolution. This retrospective application had been validated in June 2016 and had still not come before SMDC Planning Committee. Issue on-going. Noise from extractor fan had ceased for a while following dialogue. Obtrusive lighting continued to present a problem. Due process awaited, although SCC Cllr. Worthington would take matter up with Case Officer Mr. A. Swithenbank.
16.163 DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Cllr. Cooper declared an interest in any matters concerning P.H. Wintertons as above (Min. 16.162).
16.164 MINUTES OF LAST MEETING (Resolved)
Meeting held on 1st. November, 2016. These were approved and signed by the Chairman as a true and correct record…
16.165 MATTERS ARISING FROM MINUTES
- Defibrillator – (Min. 16.151..A) – Grand opening had taken place with press present. .
Clerk had arranged insurance for an asset value of £1650.00. (Security cameras are located nearby.
B Transparency Fund: Site reported as operable. Training meeting had taken place between Chairman, Cllr. Dale , Clerk and Webmaster. Cllr. Allerton had purchased suitable laptop in the sum of £349.99.
Action: Clerk to arrange purchase of printer and carrying case.
Clerk reported that he had experiences serious computer security problems and had been forced to call in experts as means of resolution. System belonged to Kingsley Parish Council. This council offered interim sum of £100.00 towards cost of resolution.
- Dropped Kerb at Moorfields Close (16.151.C) Nothing to report at this stage.
16.166 LENGTHSMAN SCHEME
Nothing to report at this stage.
16.167 PLANNING MATTERS
Other Planning Matters
- Weekly lists – circulated to Cllrs. with email facilities.
- Dust Emissions at quarries – Nothing to report at this stage.
16.168 RECREATION MATTERS
- Cllr Allerton reported some vandalism to fencing. No damage on Play Area to indicate Parish Council involvement.
16.169 BURIAL MATTERS
- Memorial Re: Bold had been erected (16.155.C)
- Provision of disable access again mentioned. This would be very costly (£3000 – £4000) although Environmental Enhancement Grants may or may not be available.
16.170 HIGHWAYS MATTERS
Issues reported through SCC Cllr. Worthington, SCC Cllr. Deaville, Mr. Webb, Mr Greatbatch and Mr. Steele Clerk had notified the above personnel of the following issues.
Cllr. Allerton had prevuisly held site meeting with Mr. M. Webb, SCC, to discuss
main highways issues, which included:
Anticipated NHT and other Projects:
- Various potholes (Weekly update now available from SCC)..
- Drains at Cotton Crossroads understood to have been cleared.
- Algae discoluring signage at Cotton Crossroads. Understood to have been removed.
- Damaged Cotton sign on Cotton Lane.
- Overhanging saplings on A52 near junction with Cotton Lane). Included in report. “In hand
- Blocked ditch to Cabbage Hall. Included in report.
- Overhanging trees at Three Lows crossroads. Reported that landowner’s house has now been sold.
- Noted that verges on A 52 are considerably overgrown.
- Accident reported on A52 on frosty moring – insufficient salting had taken place. SCC Highways to look into matter.
- Reported that grit piles had appeared on Cotton Lane.
16.171 LIGHTING MATTERS
No issues reported.
16.172 REPORTS OF REPRESENTATIVES
Cllrs. Dale and Allerton provided several informatory brochures on various topical issues.
November Remembrance Service held at Cauldon Lowe War Memorial, 13.11.16, 10.50 a.m. Highly successful. Council thanked Cllrs. Dale and Allerton for their work.
- SCC weekly pothole updates.
- Neighbourhood Watch – numerous items of information.
- PCSO Nettleton – request for dates and times of Council meetings.
- Other matters of a non-urgent nature (communicated to Cllrs. via email).
16.173 ACCOUNTS FOR PAYMENT
- Argos – Purchase of laptop £349.99
- Kingsley Parish Council – Donation towards computer repair £100.00
C.J.E. Allerton – Reimbursement re; Remembrance Service expenses £9.72
- G.Bendall – reimbursement RBL for poppy wreath £28.00
16.174 MATTERS OF AN URGENT NATURE
- Cllr. Dale had made enquiries regarding fire hydrants in the Parish.
- Cllr. Bendall ,mentioned the distribution of Christmas Cards from the Millennium Group.
Meeting rose at 9.15 p.m.
Date of next meeting Tuesday 3rd. January 2017, 7.30 p.m. Cauldon Lowe Village Hall.