A Parish Council meeting was held in Cauldon Lowe Village Hall on Tuesday, 2nd. May 2017.
Present were Cllr. Cooper (Chairman) Cllrs. Allerton, Brindley, Dale, Lees, Withington-Hyde, SCC Cllr. Worthington (Local Member), SMDC Ward Cllrs. Fallows and Lucas together with two members of the public.
Apologies: Cllr. Bendall.
17.50 PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
Parishioner Mrs. Bradshaw remarked upon the excellence of the Parish Council website and asked whether other matters pertaining to the Parish could be included. Proposed Cllr. Allerton seconded Cllr. Dale that other appropriate parish material may be included. Carried.
17.51 DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Cllr. Cooper declared a pecuniary interest in any matters under “Burial” concerning a proposed archway or disabled access at Cotton Cemetery.
17.52 MINUTES OF LAST MEETING (Resolved)
Meeting held on 4th. April, 2017. These were approved and signed by the Chairman as a true and correct record.
17.53 MATTERS ARISING FROM MINUTES
- Dropped Kerb at Moorfields Close (17.39.A) Although work complete, complaints ahd been received from a disabled stakeholder regarding the parking of vehicles at the new access, thereby rendering the passage of disabled carriages difficult. Matter to be placed on May 2017 agenda.
17.54 PARISH ASSEMEBLY RECOMMENDATIONS
None, as no Parishioners had attended.
17.55 ELECTION OF OFFICERS AND REPRESENTATIVES
Chairman: Cllr. Cooper Proposed Cllr Dale seconded Cllr. Allerton. Carried.
Vice-Chairman: Cllr. Allerton Proposed Cllr. Dale seconded Cllr. Withington-Hyde. Carried with thanks to Cllr. Lees for his work as Vice Chairmanover the past year..
SMPA: Cllrs. Dale and Cllr. Withington-Hyde.
Highways: Cllr. Allerton
Cauldon Lowe VH: Cllr. Cooper
Cotton and CL Community Group: Cllr. Allerton
Lafarge Liaison Committee: Cllr. Allerton.
Proposed Cllr. Lees seconded Cllr. Brindley en bloc and carried.
COTTON PARISH COUNCIL 357
17.56 LENGTHSMAN SCHEME
Invoice received from H & H Gardening Services. Noted that grass had not been collected.
17.57 PLANNING MATTERS
SMD/2017/0181 – Proposed name display arch at the entrance to Cotton Parish Cemetery, Cotton Lane, Cotton. Council, as applicant, declined to comment.
Other Planning Matters
- Weekly lists – circulated to Cllrs.
- Dale raised concerns regarding St. Wilfrid’s RC Church and Churchyard. Cllr. Dale had made various enquiries with SMDC and Church representatives regarding possible sale and conditions of sale and / or change of use. It was remarked that many interments were carried out at this site, some in unmarked graves. A list and plan of such interments is to be sought from Church authorities.
17.58 RECREATION MATTERS
- Mowing has been undertaken in the sum of £60.00.
- Gatepost damaged though vandalism. Repaired by Mr. G. Goldstraw, 3 Moorfields Close, who is to be thanked.
17.59 BURIAL MATTERS
- Proposed archway entrance to Cemetery (see 17.58.A) (Cllr. Cooper declared a pecuniary interest and took no part in discussion or resolution). Plans submitted, validation awaited.
- Disabled access – Previously drawn plans still sought. Cllr. Dale suggested that grants may be available and could be investigated through Lichfield Diocese and SPCA.
- Maintenance – invoice from Contractor received in the sum of £170.00.
Cllr. Lees retired from the meeting at 8.20 p.m.
17.60 HIGHWAYS MATTERS
Issues reported through SCC Cllr. Worthington, SCC Cllr. Deaville, Mr. Webb, Mr Greatbatch and Mr. Steele and SCC Website. Clerk had notified the appropriate personnel of the following issues.
Anticipated NHT and other Projects:
- Various potholes/ blocked gully on westbound A52. Reported. (Weekly updates now available from SCC).
- Poor road surface on Ellastone Road near junction with A 52. Rreported nd acknowledged.
- Silt from quarries on roads. Cllr Allerton reported that Aggregate Industried and Tarmac qare to implement measures to ensure roads are kept free of silt and mud. Position to be monitored.
- Overhanging saplings on A52 near junction with Cotton Lane). Included in report. “In hand”.
- Blocked ditch to Cabbage Hall. Included in report.
- Road sign near Star PH not replaced, unlike others which have been replaced following recent work. Reported to Mr. Steele..
- Water running past Star Inn. In hands of SCC drainage personnel via SCC Cllr. Worthington.
- Cotton Lane still requires sweeping Cllr. Forrester, SMDC, to be notified.
17.61 LIGHTING MATTERS
17.62 REPORTS OF REPRESENTATIVES
No meetings of outside agencies had taken place since last meeting of Council.
- SCC weekly pothole updates.
- SMDC Weekly Planning Lists.
- SPCA Weekly Newsletters.
- SMDC – Notification of various meetings.
- Aon UK Ltd. – Notification of Insurance renewal.
- Wicksteed Leisure – catalogue.
- Grant Thornton – Information regarding Annual Audit.
17.64 ACCOUNTS FOR PAYMENT
- H & H Gradening Services Cemetery £170.00
H/W £130.00 £360.00
B .Aon UK LTd. Council Insurance £500.38
- D. Mawby, Dropped kerb at Moorfields Close £960.00
- W. Wood, Clerk – Salary & Expenses (2 months) £250.00
- The Ford Partnership – Tax Compliance Services £133.20
17.65 MATTERS OF AN URGENT NATURE
. A. Cllr. Dale reported sighting many vehicles entering and exiting Wintertons.
- Cllr Allerton reported that pond cleaning had been postponed.
Meeting rose at 9.15 p.m.
Date of next meeting Tuesday 6th. June 2017, 7.30 p.m. Cauldon Lowe Village Hall.