A Parish Council meeting was held in Cauldon Lowe Village Hall on Tuesday, 4th. July 2017.
Present were Cllr. Cooper (Chairman) Cllrs. Allerton, Brindley, Dale, Lees, Withington-Hyde, SCC Cllr. Worthington (Local Member), SMDC Ward Cllrs. Fallows and Lucas.
Apologies: Cllr. Bendall.
17.81 PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
No members of the public present.
17.82 DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Cllr. Cooper declared a pecuniary interest in any matters under “Burial” concerning a proposed archway or disabled access at Cotton Cemetery.
17.83 MINUTES OF LAST MEETING (Resolved)
Meeting held on 6th. June, 2017. These were approved and signed by the Chairman as a true and correct record. ..
17.84 MATTERS ARISING FROM MINUTES
- Disabled access at Moorfields Close (17.69.A) Intention is to place suitable markings on carriageway to prevent restriction of access by parked vehicles. In hands of SCC.
17.85 LENGTHSMAN SCHEME
Invoice received from H & H Gardening Services re: Lengthsman duties in the sum of £130.00.
17.86 PLANNING MATTERS
Other Planning Matters
- Weekly lists – circulated to Cllrs.
- SMD/2017/0181 – Proposed name display arch at entrance to Cotton cemetery – Chairman stated that, by direction of SMDC, plans require modification prior to approval.
- Dale had received information from SMDC that no unmarked graves had been disturbed by rubble deposited on site at former St. Wilfrid’s RC Churchyard. SMDC observations had been noted.
17.87 RECREATION MATTERS
- Mowing has been undertaken in the sum of £60.00.
- Chairman considered that Council should suitably mark centenary of end of WW1 in November 2018. This matter to remain on agenda.
17.88 BURIAL MATTERS
- Proposed archway entrance to Cemetery (see 17.86.B) (Cllr. Cooper declared a pecuniary interest and took no part in discussion or resolution). Quotations to be investigated (17.80.C).
- Disabled access – (17.59.B) Previously drawn plans in safe custody of Chairman
Chairman to have plans copied. Matter to remain on agenda.
- Maintenance – invoice from Contractor received in the sum of £170.00.
17.89 HIGHWAYS MATTERS
Issues reported through SCC Cllr. Worthington, SCC Cllr. Deaville, Mr. Webb, Mr Greatbatch and Mr. Steele and SCC Website. Clerk had notified the appropriate personnel of the following issues.
Anticipated NHT and other Projects:
- Various potholes/ blocked gullies reported as required. (Weekly updates available from SCC).
- Poor road surface on Ellastone Road near junction with A 52. Reported previously and acknowledged by SCC. Resurfacing urgently required.
- Overhanging saplings on A52 near junction with Cotton Lane). Included in report. “In hand”.
- Blocked ditch to Cabbage Hall. Included in report.
- Road sign near Star PH – under investigation via Mr. Webb, SCC.
- Water running past Star Inn. In hands of SCC drainage personnel via SCC. Cllrs. Allerton and Dale had spoken with Mr. Webb, SCC. Drainage cameras to be used to identify source of problem.
- Cotton Lane still requires sweeping. SMDC, to be notified (again).
- New sign for Cauldon Lowe Village Hall required.
- 30 mph signs on Ellastone Road to be replaced (17./80.A).
- Chairman reported further accident at A52 / Ellastone Road junction. SCC to improve vision by cutting grass.
- Despite Council’s best efforts, no progress had been made on improving safety for schoolchildren having to cross busy A52 to await bus. Matter to be taken up again with Jackie Bridgen, SCC (Cc Cty. Cllr. Worthington / Karen Bradley MP.) (17.80.B)
17.90 LIGHTING MATTERS
17.91 REPORTS OF REPRESENTATIVES
.Cllr. Dale reported on SMPA meeting 22.06.17. Matters discussed included a) Local Plan update, b) Uses of social media, c) CVLLP (investigation of local plateways).
- SCC weekly pothole updates.
- SMDC Weekly Planning Lists.
- SPCA Weekly Newsletters.
- SMDC – Notification of various meetings.
- Staffordshire Police – posters re: forthcoming SPACE initiative.
- Healthwatch UK updates.
- Leek & Moorlands Historic Buildings Trust – Council’s opinion sought on any
structures which may be suitable for listing. Clerk had requested schedule of listed buildings presently in parish.
- “Clerks & Councils Direct”, Issue 112, July 2017.
17.93 ACCOUNTS FOR PAYMENT
- H & H Gardening Services Cemetery £170.00
H/W £130.00 £360.00
B . J.W. Wood, Clerk – Salary / Expenses £270.00
- Cauldon Lowe Village Hall – Room Hire 09/14 – 06/16 £510.00
D.The Ford Partnership – Internal Audit 16/17 £114.00
MATTERS OF AN URGENT NATURE
17.94 None reported.
Meeting rose at 9.18 p.m.
Date of next meeting Tuesday 1st. August 2017, 7.30 p.m. Cauldon Lowe Village Hall.