A Parish Council meeting was held in Cauldon Lowe Village Hall on Tuesday, 5th. September 2017.
Present were Cllr. Cooper (Chairman) Cllrs. Allerton, Dale, Lees, Withington-Hyde, SMDC Ward Cllrs. Fallows and Lucas.
Apologies: Cllrs. Bendall and Brindley, SCC Cllr. Worthington (Local Member).
17.109 PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
No members of the public present.
17.110 DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Cllr. Cooper declared a pecuniary interest in any matters under “Burial” concerning a proposed archway or disabled access at Cotton Cemetery.
17.111 MINUTES OF LAST MEETING (Resolved)
Meeting held on 1st. August, 2017. These were approved and signed by the Chairman as a true and correct record.
17.112 MATTERS ARISING FROM MINUTES
BKV 2017. Cauldon Lowe had won the 2017 BKV Competition. Presentation to take place on Wednesday 17th. October 2017, 5.45 p.m. at Cauldon Lowe War memorial and refreshments afterwards at The Cross Inn.
17.113 PARKING BAYS IN MOORFIELDS CLOSE
No action taken to date.
17.114 END OF WW1 CENTENARY
To remain as an agenda item.
17.115 LENGTHSMAN SCHEME
Invoice received from H & H Gardening Services re: Lengthsman duties in the sum of £130.00. Work considered to be good.
17.116 PLANNING MATTERS
Other Planning Matters
- Weekly lists – circulated to Cllrs.
- Issues at former St. Wilfrid’s RC Church (17.100.C). Reported that SCC Worthington had spoken with Fr. Bede Walsh, who affirmed that he was aware of two unmarked interments having taken place where the rubble is presently deposited. Matter for SMDC Enforcement.
- Portacabins erected at The Cross Inn. Allerton reported that these will be removed by December 2017.
- Cooper affirmed that planning matters at Wintertons are on going.
17.117 RECREATION MATTERS
- Mowing has been undertaken in the sum of £60.00.
- RoSPA Inspection Report received. All matters in good order.
17.118 BURIAL MATTERS
- Proposed archway entrance to Cemetery (see 17.102.A) (Cllr. Cooper declared a pecuniary interest and took no part in discussion or resolution.) Amended plans submitted to SMDC.
- Disabled access – (17.102.B) Cllr. Allerton to speak with contacts at JCB and Wardlow Quarry who may be interested in project..
Matter to remain on agenda.
C.Maintenance – invoice from Contractor received in the sum of £170.00. Work reported as good.
17.119 HIGHWAYS MATTERS
Issues reported through SCC Cllr. Worthington, SCC Cllr. Deaville, Mr. Webb, Mr Greatbatch and Mr. Steele and SCC Website. Clerk had notified the appropriate personnel of the following issues.
Anticipated NHT and other Projects:
- Various potholes/ blocked gullies reported as required. (Weekly updates available from SCC).
- Poor road surface on Ellastone Road near junction with A 52. Acknowledged by SCC. Poor road surface in Cotton Lane and also water issues.
- Overhanging saplings on A52 near junction with Cotton Lane). Included in report. “In hand” but incomplete.
- Blocked ditch to Cabbage Hall. Included in report. Low priority but incomplete.
- Road sign near Star PH – under investigation via Mr. Webb, SCC. Incomplete.
- Water running past Star Inn. Drainage cameras deployed to identify source of problem.
- Cotton Lane still requires sweeping. SMDC, to be notified (again).
- Despite Council’s best efforts, no progress had been made on improving safety for schoolchildren having to cross busy A52 to await bus. Matter taken up again with Jackie Bridgen, SCC (Cc Cty. Cllr. Worthington / Karen Bradley MP.) (17.89.11).
- Bendall had reported problems for pedestrians due to overhanging foliage on A52 near School House Farm. Reported – reference number for work 4088032. Incomplete.
17.120 LIGHTING MATTERS
17.121 REPORTS OF REPRESENTATIVES
No meetings of outside agencies had taken place since last meeting of Council.
17.122 HISTORIC BUILDINGS TRUST
Suggested that whole of historic plateways and associated structures (e.g. bridges, tunnels) from Cauldon Lowe to Froghall should be included
- SCC weekly pothole updates.
- SMDC Weekly Planning Lists.
- SPCA Weekly Newsletters.
- SMDC – Notification of various meetings of Council / Committees.
presently in parish available).
- SPFA – Notice of AGM 13.10.2017, Rolleston CC.
17.124 ACCOUNTS FOR PAYMENT
- H & H Property Services Cemetery £170.00
H/W £130.00 £360.00
- RoSPA (Playsafety Ltd) Playground Inspection £92.40
- J. W. Wood, Clerk
Expenses £75.00 £275.00
17.125 MATTERS OF AN URGENT NATURE
- Cllr. Cooper to present Cllr. Dale with Perspex for repair of notice board.
- Cllr. Allerton to prepare notice that defibrillator operation is limited to radius of 200m.
Meeting rose at 8.30 p.m.
Date of next meeting Tuesday 3rd. October 2017, 7.30 p.m. Cauldon Lowe Village Hall.