Remembrance Service – Cauldon Lowe 2020
Due to COVID 19, this year there will be a wreath laying ceremony only, at the memorial on Sunday 8th November at 11 o’clock
There will not be a service
Social distancing must be observed
CORONAVIRUS NEWS 28/03/20
Cotton Parish Council has now received advice and information regarding Coronavirus from HM Government and the NHS
Helping People Safely
HM Government have prepared and circulated the following information regarding helping people safely;
please click on the link below:
NHS England launched a National Volunteer Initiative on 24/03/20 which continues;
please click on link below:
Meeting 7th April 2020 – Cancelled
Due to the Coronavirus outbreak, the April monthly meeting of Cotton Parish Council is cancelled, and the Annual Parish Meeting will be postponed.
If you have any urgent requests of Council, please either communicate them to a Councillor, or the Parish Clerk; Carmen Worthington at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please ensure that you follow the Goverment Guidlelines at Convid-19.
Please stay safe!
Statement of Persons Nominated
Cotton Parish Council has an uncontested election this year. We have a total of 7 seats to fill.
Please click link to see the persons nominated for election as Parish Councillor Statement of Persons Nominated.
Notice of Election
Notice is hereby given that an election is to be held for Town/Parish Councillors for the following (see links below).
- Nomination papers for the Town/Parish Elections may be obtained from the Returning Officer, Moorlands House, Stockwell Street, Leek, Staffordshire, ST13 6HQ.
- Nomination papers must be hand delivered to the Returning Officer, Moorlands House, Stockwell Street, Leek, Staffordshire, ST13 6HQ on any day after the date of this notice, Monday to Friday between 10.00 am and 4:00pm (excluding bank holidays) but NOT LATER THAN 4.00 pm on Wednesday, 3 April 2019.
- If any election is contested the poll will take place on Thursday, 2nd May 2019.
- Applications to register to vote must reach the Electoral Registration Officer by 12 midnight on Friday 12 April 2019. Applications can be made online: https://www.gov.uk/register-to-vote.
- Applications to vote by post, amendments or cancellations of postal votes and amendments or cancellations of proxy votes must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at Moorlands House, Stockwell Street, Leek, Staffordshire, ST13 6HQ by 5 pm on Monday, 15 April 2019 if they are to be effective for this election.
- New applications to vote by proxy at this election must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at Moorlands House, Stockwell Street, Leek, Staffordshire, ST13 6HQ by 5 pm on Wednesday, 24 April 2019 if they are to be effective for this election.
- Applications to vote by emergency proxy at this election on grounds of physical incapacity, or for work/service reasons must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at Moorlands House, Stockwell Street, Leek, Staffordshire ST13 6HQ by 5.00 pm on Thursday, 2nd May 2019 if they are to be effective for this election. The physical incapacity must have occurred after 5.00 pm on Wednesday, 24th April 2019. To apply on the grounds of work/service, the person must have become aware that they cannot go to the polling station in person after 5.00 pm on Wednesday, 24 April 2019.
WWI Commemoration – 11/11/18
WWI Commemoration took place at Cotton Village on 11th November 2018, marking 100 years since the end of WW1. It was an overwhelming turn out for Parish with over 100 parishioners attending the WWI Commemoration to pay their respects to the fallen. There was a service in the morning, which was attended by over 80 parishioners, followed by over 100 for the lighting of the Beacon. Refreshments were then provided at ‘The Cross Inn’ Cauldon Lowe.
As part of the Commemoration, the children of ‘The Faber Primary School’, and ‘Waterhouses Primary School, participated in a project and submitted there artwork which was judged by Cllr. Mike Worthington and his wife. (see pictures in Gallery). This was followed by a Raffle which £1000 was raised towards the costs of the WWI Commemoration and donations towards 2 charities.
We would also like to thank the following Companies/Businesses for their donation of prizes as follows:
Cotton Parish Council
Thanks also to ‘The Cross Inn Pub’ in Cauldon for providing the venue and helping with the refreshments.
Following the WWI Commemoration, and the money raised from the Raffle, donations were made to the following charities:-
The Lee Rigby Foundation £300
The Royal British Legion £300
For such a small community, we pulled together and made this possible! There was also an article in the ‘Cheadle Post & Times’. (see pictures in Gallery).